Large format printing is an advertising medium that has been growing in popularity through time. As the name suggests, its main purpose is to support maximum print roll width. The beauty of this type of printing is it gives you the luxury of a bigger area to work with. Large format printing can function as Banners, Posters, Backdrops, Display Boards, Signs and more. The us of wide images and texts make big format prints effective advertising tools. They create more impact and attract customers better than normal-sized materials.
Large format printing is also known as wide-format printing. Instead of printing onto individual sheets, they use roll of prints that they feed incrementally. To help you understand better here are some wide format printing facts:
1. Printing process. The printing process is like that of digital printing, except that, it uses a larger scale of printers with nozzles. You feed paper stocks to the printer where the ink is directly applied onto the material. Its printing phase is faster but its end result produces high quality colors.
2. Printers. Printers used are top quality machines that produce top notched prints. It uses CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) color combination.
3. Solvent Ink. Solvent ink's greatest application is in the printing of products that are to be used outdoors because of its ability to adhere to non-absorbent materials. Solvent ink also has the advantages of being fade proof, water proof and scratch resistant. These qualities enhance its usefulness in outdoor printing.
4. Products and Benefits.
• Posters. Suitable as wall decors, POP or tradeshow displays, photo prints, and retail graphics.
• Vinyl Banners. Popular for outdoor use. Ideal for trade shows and exhibit displays.
• Wall Graphics/Stickers. Great for pimping your walls. It can give your space a whole new perspective. Wall graphics are usually printed on sticker papers, with large format options available. They are repositionable and fade resistant.
• Value. Nowadays businesses want everything cheap and done fast. Large format printing caters to these needs. They are usually more affordable than other print methods like screen printing. They are easier to produce and cheaper to pay production cost. While producing the same quality materials.